THE DAILY ILLINI - OPINIONS COLUMNIST
1. Write opinion columns weekly covering campus-specific issues
2. Brainstorm with fellow staff writers about content production
3. Serve on the staff of an award-winning, independent student-run newspaper
SEPTEMBER 2017 - PRESENT
JUST ABOUT WRITE - GUEST CONTRIBUTING WRITER
1. Develop ideas for pieces analyzing television shows (issues of sex, gender, race, etc.)
2. Work with staff of writers pursuing production of these ideas
3. Participate in weekly update of television recaps
JUNE 2017 - PRESENT
PIXELDUST STUDIOS - PRODUCTION INTERN
1. Production and development of scripts for major TV networks
2. Social media outreach development (Facebook, LinkedIn)
3. Networking with studio partners and clients
4. Shadow/assist production team during on-location shoots
JUNE 2017 - AUGUST 2017
WEFT 90.1 FM - BROADCASTING INTERN
1. Underwriting spot script development and recording
2. Manage and develop pre-produced programs
3. Social media outreach development
4. Ensure compliance with FCC guidelines and standards
5. Manage and develop WEFT’s podcast channel
6. Public Service Announcements writing
JANUARY 2017 - MAY 2017
A BIT ABOUT ME
Welcome to my little slice of the internet! As a growing writer, I've had several editorial experiences over the past years, at publications like The Daily Illini and Just About Write, that have given me sharp, vital observational and analytical skills. Also, they've developed my passion for various topics/industries, like television & film, fashion, global and domestic politics, and culture.
Above everything, I wish to tell the truth and have integrity. It's evident that each of my pieces, no matter they be written for a newspaper, blog, or with a rhyme scheme are rooted in my love for what is good, what is right, and what is uncommon.
I hope that one of my pieces speaks to you. After all, that's all writers can hope for; to impact others with the levity of their words.
THE MAGIC OF MAKEUP
An animated short that delves into the history of makeup in Hollywood; who made it, why they wore it, and the stars it created. Created for SnippetsTV (an in-house production outlet of Pixeldust Studios).
The following is a collection of some of my most relevant work, displaying my skills as both a writer and producer, across a broad range of significant cultural topics in the media. All of my work reflects my intention to always take an alternative take on mainstream topics.
OCTOBER 17, 2017
SWIPE RIGHT FOR A GOOD NIGHT
An opinion column about the consequences of "hookup" culture on college campuses, using an episode of NPR podcast "Hidden Brain", titled "Just Sex" as the main source.
OCTOBER 31, 2017
CONTROL YOUR LIFE'S NARRATIVE
An opinion column about the renovation of a former women's prison in New York City's Chelsea neighborhood, into a "symbol of hope" for oppressed women, using a poignant Teen Vogue article as the main source.
YO, TV EXECS: THESE CHAINS ON ME WON'T LET ME BE
This piece analyzes the cancellation of Netflix's The Get Down and the general neglect of minority stories in the current television landscape.
HOW FUNNY WOMEN ON TV HELPED ME EMBRACE MY INSECURITIES
This piece is a commentary on funny women on television -- both their characters and the actresses themselves -- and how they empowered me throughout my life, and what they do for modern women in general.